Re: planner or org or ...

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: planner or org or ...
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 18:40:45 +1000

Xavier Maillard <xma@gnu.org> writes:

>    ----- Tim X (2007-05-27) wrote:-----
>
>    > So, I think that while the functionality is similar, the underlying
>    > philosophy is a bit different and they approach things from a
>    > different perspective re: planning and organising your work. On some
>    > levels, it is a bit like a comparison of vi and emacs - both can
>    > achieve the same outcomes, but do it differently and one way suits
>    > some people while another way suits others. My main bias towards
>    > planner mode is probably a simple as it being the first mode of this
>    > type I used under emacs and it has set my expectations.
>
>    The difference is: org is the Emacs of organizers. Planner is an
>    organizer.
>
>    org let you create your own way of GTD. Planner creates a way of GTD for
>    you.
>
> I don't get it. In what org is more complicated than planner. I
> feel the contrary. Planner lets you create your *own* GTD too.

I think you don't get it because you feel there is a right and a wrong answer.
Its about personal taste and preferences. There is nothing 'to get' - some
people like red wine, some like white, some like both and some like neither. It
doesn't mean red is better than white or white is better than red.

Tim
--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au