Re: Display text property problem

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Re: Display text property problem
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 13:10:17 +0200

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 12:24:44 +0200 Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@Web.DE> wrote:

> With the one week old version from CVS I can't reproduce. For case 1:
> did you try to hit home? For me the first line was scrolled up and
> became invisible, but when reaching the home position, beginning-of-
> buffer, it was still there, nothing was lost.

Thanks for the feedback, but I think you have misunderstood the
problem I was trying to describe: it's not that the first line
disappears, but that the display property is not correctly displayed
after scrolling.  In fact, in the test case there is only one line
(the line number indicator in the mode line remains L1 throughout),
but the display property makes it look like two lines.  Again, before
scrolling I see this:

|test test test test test test test test test test test test test test
|     test test test
      ^

After scrolling, I see this:

|test test test
 ^

but, due to the display property, I had expected to see this:

|     test test test
      ^

This is the problem.  Are you saying you cannot reproduce this?  (As
you point out, hitting HOME brings the "first line" (i.e., the part of
the line before the display property) back into view, and visually
confirms that the display property is still present, but the problem
is that, after scrolling but before hitting HOME, the display property
appears to have vanished.)

Steve Berman