Re: What is the value of ^@ as character in elisp

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: What is the value of ^@ as character in elisp
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 01:05:00 -0600

Slavomir Kaslev wrote:
I am new to emacs lisp and I am writing several functions to make
emacs communicate with Autodesk Maya.

I can't figure a way to get the value of ^@ as character in elisp. For
the moment I just copied the character in my .el source:

(defcustom etom-prompt-regexp "address@hidden"
  "Regexp which matches the Maya's prompt."
  :type 'regexp
  :group 'etom)

where ^@ is the character, not the string "^@".

[gnu.emacs.sources is for posting code; questions such as this should be
sent to, which is where I'm cross-posting and directing

See the Nonprinting Characters node of the Emacs Lisp manual, follow the
link to the Character Type node, then its General Escape Syntax subnode.

Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA