Selection not to be copied into kill-ring

From: Will
Subject: Selection not to be copied into kill-ring
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 14:14:01 +0200

Hi,

I'd like to copy text from external applications (e.g. web browser) to an Emacs buffer. Often before I paste the text into an Emacs buffer I'd like to delete text in the this buffer _without_ it being copied to the kill-ring, because then the text from the external application gets lost.

=> How do I switch off that hightlighted text is copied automatially into the kill-ring? => How do I delete a region without it getting copied into the kill-ring, e.g. by highlighting the text and pressing <delete>?

Thanks in advance,

Will

PS: I am working with
GNU Emacs 22.1.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2007-06-02 on RELEASE
with MS Windows XP.