Re: reverting some 22 behavior to how 21 was

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: reverting some 22 behavior to how 21 was
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 14:20:55 +1000

"David Crick" <dacrick@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> A couple of questions about some things that have changed
> for me.
>
> (1) In Emacs 21 I used the following .emacs lines:
>
> (add-hook 'paragraph-indent-text-mode-hook 'flyspell-mode)
> (add-hook 'paragraph-indent-text-mode-hook 'refill-mode)
>
> However, in 22 it appears these functions now "toggle," and
> I receive the message (e.g.):
>
> Toggling flyspell-mode off; better pass an explicit argument.
>
> What are the revised lines I should be using in 22 please?
>

> (2) Second question is about font coloring in the mini-buffer
> line.  Some parts are now displayed in dark blue text, e.g. if
> I type M-x then that is echoed back to me in dark blue, and
> then anything I type after it is gray.  As I use a black terminal
> background the dark blue is difficult to see; in 21 the entire
> line was gray.  What option can I set to change the blue text?

When upgrading to a new version of Emacs, its highly recommended you read the
NEWS and PROBLEMS files that come with it. The NEWS file lists user visible and
elisp changes (and often explains how to revert to earlier behavior). the
PROBLEMS file contains information about known problems or issues with the new
version.

A quick scan of these two files can save you a lot of time. For example, I do
remember seeing information about the mini buffer colours and how to customize
them. Its likely the other two issues you mention are also covered.

regards,

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au