Re: Emacs + python

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Emacs + python
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 09:58:40 -0000

On Aug 1, 4:37 pm, Hadron <hadronqu...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Could anyone put me on the right track to developing Python with emacs
> please : modes to consider, debugging etc hopefully all within emacs.
>
> Any help and shared experiences much appreciated.

Allright, i'll throw it out there.

I might be a little slow but even trying hard to make ECB and the
Python-mode work in Emacs 21 i got stuck and finally gave up... so
could some of you Emacs gurus just share it's own emacs[1] (for Win32,
thanks) so that us lesser beings don't have to struggle and waste time
setting it up?

Ideally there should be a *semi-official* emacs distribution tailored
for Python programmers and downloadable from python.org

Otherwise i'll just keep advocating Eclipse + PyDev! :)

Thanks,
Lorenzo