Re: distributed revision control?

From: der-mustermann
Subject: Re: distributed revision control?
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 18:38:24 -0700

Maybe a good starting point is http://monotone.ca. I was looking at
some distributed RCS for some time and also tried some of them and
like monotone most. There are some attempts to integrate mtn in emacs
via DVC (http://download.gna.org/dvc/, of interest if you want to use
a distributed RCS from within emacs!!!) but I dont really know how far
it has gone by now. But it has all the features one needs, like
sending new revisions by mail, good trust system, SHA1 hashes for
revision-IDs, great mailing list, rock solid, very good documentation
(most importend for me), mounthly release cycle, gui tools ...
For synchronization of two databases SSH access and mtn in path on the
remote side is sufficient. I never use any RCS  but CVS from within
emacs. Console is my prefered way to do those things though.