Re: elisp from CL transition guide

From: Petter Gustad
Subject: Re: elisp from CL transition guide
Date: 16 Aug 2007 12:05:56 +0200

Tamas Papp <tkpapp@gmail.com> writes:

> I have some Common Lisp programming experience, and would like to use
> Emacs Lisp for simple tasks.  I found introductions to Elisp, but what
> I am looking for is some guide that would tell me the differences from
> CL, to get started quicker.  I already found that there is no
> defparameter or format etc.  Is there some page where these
> differences are listed?

I don't know where such a list of differences can be found, but

(require 'cl)

will make the list somewhat smaller. format is there but very limited
and C-centric (it should probably have been called printf):

(format "%x" 44252)
"acdc"

Petter
Petter Gustad         8'h2B | ~8'h2B        http://www.gustad.com/petter