Re: how to capture output too long to fit

From: weber
Subject: Re: how to capture output too long to fit
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 13:27:55 -0000

On 16 ago, 10:25, weber <hug...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Try M-: (pp (frame-parameters))
>
> > Thanks Martin,
>
> > This is the only one that works, all the other approaches have ... at
> > the end.
>
> > Another question: the output in the minibuffer disappears when I click
> > on it and try to scroll.  How can I prevent that?  Is it possible to
> > evaluate into a new, permanent buffer?
>
> > Tamas
>
> 1. Go to a new buffer
> 2. Write in it: (frame-parameters)
> 3. Position cursor after the last parenthesis
> 4. Type M-x eval-print-last-sexp
>
> I guess that should work...
> -weber

Ok, sry, now i could reproduce your problem.
After the above steps, go to the first parenthesis of the output and
type enter. Then the '...' expands to the full description.

Btw, the "problem" seems to be related to this:

RET (translated from <return>) runs the command last-sexp-toggle-
display
  which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `c:/Arquivos de
programas/emacs/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/lisp-mode.elc'.
It is bound to <mouse-2>, RET.
(last-sexp-toggle-display &optional ARG)

Toggle between abbreviated and unabbreviated printed representations.

HTH,
weber