Re: Possible to read pdf files in emacs?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Possible to read pdf files in emacs?
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 16:32:41 +0200

desktop <asdfsf@asd.com> writes:

Hi,

> I am not very satisfied with using acroread 7 to view my pdf files. Is
> there some way to use emacs to view pdf files instead?

Yesterday I wrote an extension for viewing PDF/PS and DVI files in
emacs.  It converts them to PNG (one image fer each page) and displays
the images then.

> Could be nice to have multiple buffers of the same file

You can make an indirect buffer, but since it always contains only one
page, both buffers will look identical.

> and be able to make bookmarks at certain lines.

Well, sadly that's not possible.

If you're interested anyway, have a look at:

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/DocViewMode
http://www.tsdh.de/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/doc-view.el

Bye,
Tassilo
--
Chuck Norris played Russian Roulette with a fully loaded gun and won.