Re: problem when using emacs within terminal

From: Zhiliang Ma
Subject: Re: problem when using emacs within terminal
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 17:53:28 -0400

Thanks for the reply. But I do need "emacs -nw" sometimes. In fact, I found there is a solution as mentioned in the following page. Unfortunately, it is too old and the link of the solution is bad.

On 9/2/07, Peter Dyballa <address@hidden> wrote:

Am 02.09.2007 um 21:52 schrieb address@hidden:

> Does anyone has this problem, how to solve it?

Don't use it in "unbuntu terminal with -nw!" This programme has a
reduced set of keyboard events. Obviously the key combinations you
want to use have not been programmed. As in most terminal emulations ...

Who the fsck is "General Failure," and why is he reading my disk?