Re: I have a dream... about tags

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: I have a dream... about tags
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 09:49:37 -0600

>>>>> "Nordlöw" == Nordlöw  <per.nordlow@gmail.com> writes:

Nordlöw> Has anyone else also found these problems annoying, and
Nordlöw> perhaps found some solutions to them? Are there alternatives
Nordlöw> to etags or gtags that solves these problems?

Lately I've been using GNU idutils for some of my needs in this area.
idutils is not really tagging, it is more like full-text indexing for
programs.  idutils doesn't do incremental updates of the ID file
(bad), but it is smart about only searching for full identifiers, and
it is much, much faster than a grep.

You might also be interested in CEDET.

Tom