Re: How to re-search for ^"*Nanotechnology*"$

From: Eric Hanchrow
Subject: Re: How to re-search for ^"*Nanotechnology*"$
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 14:41:15 -0700

>>>>> "Mirko" == Mirko  <mvukovic@nycap.rr.com> writes:

    Mirko> I am doing OK now without rx ...

You just _think_ you are.

Seriously, I think "rx" is one of the best little-known features of
Emacs; _almost_ any regular expression can be written _much_ more
clearly with it.  One caveat, though, is that the version in Emacs 22
has lots more bells and whistles than the version in Emacs 21, so if
portability is important to you, limit yourself to the Emacs 21
features (which are _still_ a huge improvement over writing them
"raw").

--
Keaton, Chaplin, Garbo - let them now make room for Gromit.
        A. O. Scott, in The New York Times