Re: emacs22 mouse wheel

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: emacs22 mouse wheel
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 22:34:09 +0200

Ulrich Scholz <d5@thispla.net> writes:

Hi Ulrich,

> I've just upgraded to Gnu Emacs 22.1.1.
>
> One thing that stopped working is the mouse wheel. I have
> (mouse-wheel-mode t) in my .emacs and M-x customize-option
> mouse-wheel-mode RET shows the option as "on".

Normally that should be (mouse-wheel-mode 1).

,----[ C-h f mouse-wheel-mode RET ]
| mouse-wheel-mode is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `mwheel.el'.
| (mouse-wheel-mode &optional ARG)
|
| Toggle mouse wheel support.
| With prefix argument ARG, turn on if positive, otherwise off.
|                                      ^^^^^^^^
| Return non-nil if the new state is enabled.
`----

And here it is enabled by default.

> The error I get is
>
>    mwheel-scroll: Wrong type argument: listp, 1

When do you get the error?  Could you please `M-x toggle-debug-on-error'
and reproduce the error and post the backtrace.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
Chuck Norris never wet his bed as a child. The bed wet itself out of fear.