RE: Emacs documentation sources

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Emacs documentation sources
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 11:55:05 -0700

> I've often thought it a pity that there is no, apparent, link from the
> function docs back to the relevant sections of potentially helpful Info
> files. Or?

AFAIK, there are not usually links in the *Help* buffer for a function or
variable to the relevant portions of the manual. Instead, the links there take
you to the source-code definitions.

There is, however, `C-h F', at least; it takes you to the manual section for an
Emacs command (but not for a non-interactive function).

I also proposed that the link on a function etc. name in an *Apropos* buffer
take you to the relevant manual page - the link on its `Function' etc. field
would still take you to the doc string (*Help*). This was accepted, though that
doesn't necessarily mean it will be implemented.