How to Get a Font Loaded Automatically on Start Up

From: kvnsmnsn
Subject: How to Get a Font Loaded Automatically on Start Up
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 11:10:36 -0700

When I bring up an Emacs window I can click on <Options>, select
<Set Font/Fontset...> from the menu, and then select <Courier > 10> to
get precisely the font I want.  But I have to do this every time I
bring up an Emacs window.  Is there something I can put in my ".emacs"
file that will do this automatically for me every time I bring up an
Emacs window?  Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

                                ---Kevin Simonson

"You'll never get to heaven, or even to LA,
if you don't believe there's a way."
from _Why Not_