Re: An alternative to a monolithic ~/.emacs init file

From: Sebastian Tennant
Subject: Re: An alternative to a monolithic ~/.emacs init file
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 15:08:15 +0200

Quoth rustom <rustompmody@gmail.com>:
> Could you please elaborate on how this works a little?  [...] I really
> would like to have a tiny little .emacs file and a bunch of files and
> directories containing unrelated stuff

If you don't care about autoloads (or you're not sure what they are) and
you just want a small ~/.emacs, then all you need is this:

  ;;; load dotemacs/*.el
  (mapc (lambda (f) (load f))
    (split-string
      (shell-command-to-string "find ~/elisp/dotemacs -name *.el")))

This routine simply loads each file ending '.el' found under the
directory ~/elisp/dotemacs.

Sebastian