making Emacs 22 startup like Emacs 21

From: Will Parsons
Subject: making Emacs 22 startup like Emacs 21
Date: 9 Nov 2007 23:03:11 GMT

I find the new Emacs 22 startup behaviour quite annoying in that it puts
up a splash screen even when Emacs is invoked with a file name.  I've
found the inhibit-splash-screen variable to inhibit the splash screen
entirely, but I'd like to keep the splash screen if Emacs is invoked
without arguments - just inhibit it if a file is specified.  Is there
any way to get this to work like Emacs 21?

- Will