Re: Why are RegExps never working?

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Why are RegExps never working?
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 10:39:43 +0100

Am 12.11.2007 um 00:24 schrieb Sven Bretfeld:

Sometimes I search and replace longer regexps
and wonder why some are always skipped. Now I understand: these are
the ones extending over more than one line.

Have you thought of using longlines? As far as I understand it presents you in GNU Emacs lines formatted to the width of the window or frame while in the buffer (or file) the lines have the length of a whole paragraph ...

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                                          (Blaise Pascal)