Re: Gnu Emacs under Japanese MS Windows

From: Ben Finney
Subject: Re: Gnu Emacs under Japanese MS Windows
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 09:38:43 +1100

Ben Bullock <benkasminbullock@gmail.com> writes:

> As a postscript to this, yesterday I had a look at the work machine
> and found that LANG was set to C of all things. I can't understand
> how that happened.

IIRC, in the absence of any other setting, the locale settings default
to "C" for backwards compatibility (meaning "whatever the original C
libraries did before all this new-fangled internationalisation").

--
 \     Rommel: "Don't move, or I'll turn the key on this can of Spam!" |
  `\                             -- The Goon Show, _Rommel's Treasure_ |