Re: Emacs/update/22.1/setting the path

From: Warren Oates
Subject: Re: Emacs/update/22.1/setting the path
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 15:39:20 -0500

In article <mailman.4432.1196624999.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>,
 trajan <trajan3@mac.com> wrote:

> How do I set the path or tell the OS where to look for Emacs v22.1?  I'm
> working in a Terminal window, using the bash shell.  Any info is
> appreciated.
> Thanks.

I assume it's installed in /usr/local/bin. You can set your $PATH to
something like:

PATH=${HOME}/bin:/usr/local/bin:${PATH}

in your ~/.bashrc. That way the system will search for executables in
/usr/local/bin _before_ it looks in /usr/bin, which is the default, and
where the Apple-supplied version of emacs lives.
--
W. Oates