Re: jump between if-fi

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: jump between if-fi
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 00:23:07 +0100

reader@newsguy.com wrote:
I hope this isn't one of those things that is just plain obvious to
lookup in emacs but I'm striking out with M-x apropos

How can I make emacs do something similar with if-fi constructs as it
does with parens?

Even better I'd like the kind of behaviour one can get in vim with
parens, where not only does the syntax coloring show the other paren
but you can jump there with a Ctrl-%

Maybe you mean %, not C-%?

You can in Emacs too, using Viper. But see

  http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/ViKeys
  http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/ViAndEmacs

I know emacs can do that as well but not as easily.  But anyway, I use
emacs more and would like to turn its powers used in paren recognition
against the `if fi', `while done', `for done'... etc. one uses in
shell scripting.