Re: Is there a mod-emacs?

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: Is there a mod-emacs?
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 12:05:19 +1100

jadamson@partners.org (Joel J. Adamson) writes:

> Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:
>
>> Hi Rustom,
>>
>> rustom <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Just as there are mod-perl mod-python etc for apache is there
>>> something like mod-emacs of some sort?
>
>> Some time ago, I set up a org->HTML online converter, but this was done
>> through python: the script ran an "emacs -batch" instance and the HTML
>> output was then opened.
>
> Good idea: this would be a great way to keep up my schedule without
> ferrying my org files from machine to machine.  However...
>
> Did you get real checkboxes on org export to html?  I've been
> considering trying to patch the code to do that.  My currently loaded
> version of org-mode produces just "- [ ]" instead of an html checkbox.
> Is there any discussion of changing the behavior?

But do you really want HTML checkboxes? The content you are creating is
static and not connected to a backend via any form of CGI. If you used real
html checkboxes, radio buttons and other HTML elements normally used in
forms, it could create confusion and possibly incorrrect information. For
example, with a checkbox, you could 'check' it on the page and change its
status, but that would not change the actual status of anything. The page
would show incorrect information until it was refreshed, at which time it
would revert back to its original setting in the rendered output.

Maybe a better solution would be to have some images representing checked
and unchecked choices. These would/could give a better visual format and
not be accidently changed through an unintentional mouse click or keyborad
shortcut.

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au