Re: prob. bugs in emacs under ubuntu

From: David Brodbeck
Subject: Re: prob. bugs in emacs under ubuntu
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 16:45:54 -0800

On Jan 10, 2008, at 9:19 AM, yjgzhang@gmail.com wrote:

I used to use emacs under Fedora and Mandriva. The emacs under those
two linux distributions has no problem at all. But when i transfered
to ubuntu, I lost the highlighting of a marked region, i.e., the
selected region using keyboard can not be highlighted. E.g, when you
using \C+space mark a begining of a region, and then using the left or
right arrows to move the cursor, nothing happened (it is supposed to
extend the colored region from the position where \C + space marked).
However, when I reach the end of the region, and using alt+w to cut
it, it still works.

You need to enable transient-mark-mode.