Re: Anything.el for Windows

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Anything.el for Windows
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 21:36:43 +0100

Sébastien Vauban <zthjwsqqafhv@spammotel.com> writes:

Hi Sébastien,

> How could I replicate such behaviors under Windows (that I have to use
> for work -- can't avoid it yet) where neither one neither the other
> exists by default?

I'm not sure, but maybe you can install both with Cygwin [1].

> Other question: can we impose an order for the presentation of the
> different sources?  It seems the order specified by my
> `anything-sources' variable is not taken into account.

I think it should use the order in anything-sources with the exception
of asynchronous sources.  Of course both locate and tracker are
asynchronous sources, so currently you cannot control the order there.
But there's a TODO in anything.el:

,----[ ~/elisp/anything.el ]
| ;;   - results from async sources should appear in the order they are
| ;;     specified in anything-sources
`----

Bye,
Tassilo