Re: Which mode for editing (ba)sh scripts

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Which mode for editing (ba)sh scripts
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 10:10:29 +0100

Am 05.02.2008 um 09:26 schrieb Alain Muls:

Is that by enabling
M-x shell-mode?

No, by opening a shell script. For me it works automatically. All I have to do is to open the shell script. Could you make a try with an Emacs launched with -Q and shell scripts that start with:

        #!/bin/bash

or

        #!/bin/sh

or

        #!/bin/csh

or

        #!/bin/tcsh

or

        #!/bin/ksh

or

        #!/bin/zsh

or

and look at the mode-line?

--
Greetings

  Pete

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
                                – Albert Einstein