Re: Region-highlighting has disappeared.

From: Fabrice Niessen
Subject: Re: Region-highlighting has disappeared.
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 11:42:26 +0100

Hello Adam,

> I just upgraded a computer from Ubuntu Feisty to Gutsy but (as
> far as I'm aware) changed nothing else in the configuration;
> now the region is no longer highlighted. (I already have
> '(transient-mark-mode t) in the custom-set-variables section
> of my ~/.emacs, but I can't figure out what else to do.)

I've noticed a similar problem on my system, which I've finally
found out as caused by `flyspell-mode' being enabled.

Are you using flyspell?  What happens if you deactivate it?

Fabrice

Fabrice Niessen - fni@missioncriticalit.com
Pre-sales, Network and Software Engineer
M i s s i o n   C r i t i c a l   I T
Phone ... +32 2-757.10.15
Fax ..... +32 2-759.27.60