records-mode ?

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: records-mode ?
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 03:00:02 +0100

Hi,

Is there anybody *still* using records-mode as note taking tool
with GNU Emacs ? If so, where can I find the 2.0 branch I already
saw 1 or 2 years ago ?

By the way, is notes-mode (yet another note taking mode) a good
candidate too ? In what the differ ? What I am looking for is
something as simple as:

1. free form notes taking mode
2. quick search
3. no setup if possible
4. not too many features (I want to concentrate in the note
   taking and not in the note tweaking/customising/whatever)
5. still maintained so that I can report
   bugs/fixes/patches/requests

After having tried Org Mode, Muse, Howm (a little) they are
really good package but too feature full and none offer a good
indexing system to retrieve informations quickly and easily
(except by adding links here and there).

Regards

        Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org