Re: How to get the full path of the file I'm editing?

From: Rupert Swarbrick
Subject: Re: How to get the full path of the file I'm editing?
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 18:41:43 -0600

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 15:52:21 +0800, Forrest Y. Yu wrote:
>   I want to get the full path of the file I'm editing. How can I do it?

I can't remember offhand how to do it in elisp, but if you just want to
know every so often when actually editing, try typing C-x C-f (find file)
and the prompt will start off containing the current directory. Something
like C-a C-k C-g will drop you back where you started, with the current
directory on the top of the kill ring.

Rupert