Re: Too small fonts after Emacs-Snapshot update

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Too small fonts after Emacs-Snapshot update
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 10:50:26 +0100

Am 26.02.2008 um 09:30 schrieb Tim X:

I suspect it could be some bit of 'kruft' left over from a dist upgrade.

LibXft can be a problem – this is true in Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger): libXft is obviously too old here.

Recent GNU Emacs 23.0.60 is able to use more than one font backend: X11, Freetype, Xft:

        !Emacs.FontBackend:     x
        !Emacs.FontBackend:     xft
        !Emacs.FontBackend:     ftx

Since some days you can combine backends:

        Emacs.FontBackend:      x,xft

There can also be another source of problems: libfontconfig. It has to be modern, too, to allow to select fonts by certain properties.

--
Greetings

  Pete

I hope to die before I *have* to use Microsoft Word.
                        - Donald E. Knuth, 2001-10-02 in Tübingen.