Re: ECB and method completion

From: Arne Schmitz
Subject: Re: ECB and method completion
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 11:16:33 +0100

Alain Muls wrote:

> If I use this class somewhere, I would like to have ECB suggest the
> public functions/methods/variables

That is not the point of ECB. You might want to try either GNU Global with
the Emacs xgtags.el or Semantic. GNU Global is very fast, but gives
completions that are semantically not always correct, whereas Semantic is a
bit tricky to set up, rather slow in parsing large projects but gives
semantically correct completions and type information.

Arne

--
[--- PGP key FD05BED7 --- http://www.root42.de/ ---]