Re: code completion

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: code completion
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 23:22:36 +0100

Tom Tromey wrote:
"Pascal" == Pascal Bourguignon <address@hidden> writes:

Pascal> Will parsing of xml be faster in elisp than parsing C?

You could always make it emit sexps :-)

Yes, seriously. Maybe those writing gcc-xml could accept it as an option. I guess it should be a very simple change to spit out elisp/lisp instead of xml, or?

Is gcc some kind of generic compiler that can handle other languages too?

If I do not misremember/misunderstand I think that Eric Ludlam wrote that different parsers could be used by the CEDET/Semantic framework.