Re: Circular require

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Circular require
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 00:41:52 +0100

Leo wrote:
Hi Carsten,

On 2008-03-13 13:22 +0000, Carsten Dominik wrote:
In this package I have a number of files that implement certain
funtionality, and I can use autoload or a well-placed `require'
statement in the code to get the code loaded when I want.

ERC has that kind of facility in place. For examples, users can set up:

| (setq erc-modules '(netsplit fill track pcomplete ring button autojoin
|                              smiley services match menu scrolltobottom
|                              stamp track page spelling readonly))

to choose what kind of functionality they need.

Nice solution, but it looks a bit strange that erc-update-modules only turns on the minor modes. Is that correct?