Re: Time logging software

From: Sebastian Tennant
Subject: Re: Time logging software
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 13:33:51 +0200

Quoth Torben Knudsen <tk@es.aau.dk>:
> I have used worklog for a short wile to keep track on my working
> hours.  It is very simple.  I am not sure how it compares to the above
> suggestions.

Many thanks to all posters.  To summarise, for the benefit of others:

Emacs' time logging software options
------------------------------------
    org mode - (info "(org)Clocking work time") - Part of GNU Emacs

timeclock.el - M-x timeclock-in/out/change      - Part of GNU Emacs

  *logger.el - M-x logger                       - Not part of GNU Emacs

  worklog.el - http://wiersma.org               - Not part of GNU Emacs

*http://groups.google.com/group/gnu.emacs.sources/msg/16f5e0dff5f92390?output=gplain

Org mode's time logging functionality is very featureful (and integrated
with its TODO functionality).

timeclock.el is based around the concept of a working day and will tell
you how much time has elapsed, or remains, in a day, but doesn't keep a
running total of time spent on a project.

logger.el is _old_ and yet to be tested (by me)

worklog.el is unavailable at present (Arjen Wiersma is _so_ busy, _you_
don't have time to look at his website!!! :-)

Sebastian