Re: C-h sends backspace?

From: Christian Herenz
Subject: Re: C-h sends backspace?
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 08:56:32 +0100

Peter Dyballa schrieb:

I do not understand this part? Gnu Emacs sends something to the terminal??

You can substitute with zile.

Wouldn't you like to tell what this zile is? Is it an X client or is it a command line programme? small emacs like editor (not X, Terminal, I am working on a remote login, local installation works fine in the same terminal emulator).

GNU Emacs sends \010 to the terminal. The terminal now can choose to interpret this as a backspace character or as somethings it must not care.

What sends it to the terminal??