Re: Viewing PDFs as text?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Viewing PDFs as text?
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 11:09:39 +0100

Roland Winkler <Roland.Winkler@physik.uni-erlangen.de> writes:

Hi Roland,

> would it make sense to have a variable like `doc-view-default-action'
> so that I can open a pdf file in a tty and get immediately the text
> buffer?

That could be done, but I don't think it would be a good idea, because
it opens a new buffer that has nothing to do with doc-view and that
could confuse users.  And IMO C-x C-f /path/to/file RET C-c C-t isn't
too hard to type.

BTW, if you only use emacs in a terminal and don't use doc-view at all,
there's a package named txutils [1] that will fit your needs better.

Bye,
Tassilo
[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/gnu-emacs-sources@gnu.org/msg01129.html