Re: Viewing PDFs as text?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Viewing PDFs as text?
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 21:25:10 +0100

Roland Winkler <Roland.Winkler@physik.uni-erlangen.de> writes:

> So as the code matures, I can well imagine that it will be useful if
> at least some doc-view functionality can be made available in a tty.

Basically it doesn't matter too much if you put the png image or just
some text into the page overlay in doc-view.  That would need some work,
but it should be doable.  Currently my time is quite limited, so I won't
implement it in the nearer future.  Maybe some other dev wants to
volunteer.

You might want to write an enhancement request using M-x
report-emacs-bug, so that it won't be forgotten.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
There is no  software development process, only a  bunch of programs RMS
allows to exist.