Re: Documentation for doctex mode

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: Documentation for doctex mode
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 08:08:38 +0200

* Christophe Jorssen (2008-04-30) writes:

> Le Wed, 30 Apr 2008 20:22:33 +0200, Ralf Angeli a écrit:
>
>> There are two DocTeX modes, one in Emacs and one in AUCTeX.  Both are
>> derived from the respective LaTeX modes, so you can refer to the
>> documentation of these modes.  (info "(emacs)TeX Mode") or (info
>> "(auctex)Top") respectively.
>
> I did not know there were two DocTeX modes. The only one I knew was the
> AucTeX one. I've already done and I did again a search on "DocTeX" in the
> AucTeX manual (html version http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/
> auctex.html) and the results can not help me. I mean I don't know how to
> use it because I don't know what can be done with this mode and how?

As written before, the mode is derived from LaTeX mode.  That means you
can use the same commands as in LaTeX mode.  That also means that the
respective parts in the manual apply.

> For
> instance, I'd like to know if there is a command to insert before and
> after a region the macrocode environment
>
> %    \begin{macrocode}
> <Code region>
> %    \end{macroce}

Assuming you have parsing activated as described on the first page of
AUCTeX's manual and you use ltxdoc.cls or doc.sty in your document, you
can insert the environment exactly like any other environment (in LaTeX
mode) by typing `C-c C-e macrocode <RET>'. (See
(info "(auctex)Environments").)  Tab-completion is available in the
minibuffer if you do not want to spell out all of "macrocode".

--
Ralf