Re: custom-set-faces [was: Highlight Active Window]

From: Peter Jones
Subject: Re: custom-set-faces [was: Highlight Active Window]
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 11:21:33 -0600

"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:
> You should not write custom-set-faces by hand.

I've read this statement before, but I've never seen any explication
as to why.  Is it just because customize will blow it away?

I use custom-set-faces in a separate elisp files, but not in my
custom-file.  I also never use customize, so maybe that's why I've not
seen any issues.

Any other reason to not use custom-set-faces?

--
Peter Jones, pmade inc.
http://pmade.com