Re: A quick build 'function' for auctex

From: harven
Subject: Re: A quick build 'function' for auctex
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 14:50:03 -0700 (PDT)

> ok. So I assume that a C-c C-c runs a test on the value of TeX-save-query?

yes.

> One question: frequently I find lambda() in .emacs customization. What
> does it mean?

This is the way to define an anonymous function.
(lambda () (instruction-1)(instruction-2)...)
is just a function with no name which executes
instructions when called. The following could have been used instead:

(defun my-function ()
       (add-to-list 'TeX-output-view-style
           '("^.pdf$" "." "put-here-the-viewer-command arg"))))

(add-hook 'TeX-mode-hook 'my-function)

> > Your viewer command take a few arguments (e.g. the placeholder for the
> > name of the file).  These must
> > be added using the format specifiers. You may want to try %s or %d for
> > the value of arg, depending on your viewer. These arg are explained in
> > the documentation of the TeX-expand-list variable. You can see this doc
> > by typing while in tex-mode      C-h v TeX-expand-list.
>
> Thanks for this tip.
>
> > Also, the following should prevent emacs from asking for the viewer to
> > use.
>
> > (add-hook 'TeX-mode-hook (lambda ()
> >            (add-to-list 'TeX-command-list
> >                 '("View" "%V" TeX-run-discard nil t))))
>
> ok. By the way, is there a pdf version where all the descriptions (given
> by C-h v) variables defined by auctex are available ?

The auctex manual can be found at
http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/auctex.index.html