Re: Dired question

From: Xah Lee
Subject: Re: Dired question
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 06:23:54 -0700 (PDT)

harven wrote:
«Is there some keybinding or command in Dired that open in background
all marked files (that is, put them in buffers, without actually
displaying them in windows) ?»

in addiction to what Drew Adams's reply...

I also had this question, and i think i've seen this asked at least 3
times here. So perhaps emacs developers can consider moving it into
dired.

For me, i pull the function out from dired-x and put into my .emacs,
because loading dired-x changed some behavior of dired i didn't like.
(dont remember what it was).

The function to pull are:

dired-do-find-marked-files
dired-simultaneous-find-file