Re: How to go to next line on the screen instead of going to next line i

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: How to go to next line on the screen instead of going to next line in the text?
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 07:24:42 -0600

xz wrote:
On May 31, 12:34 am, Giorgos Keramidas <keram...@ceid.upatras.gr>
wrote:
Check out `longlines-mode'.  I think you'll like it :)

I think this is what I want.
But one more question, how to turn on this mode automatically every
time when I launch emacs?
Should I simply put the following line in the .emacs file? Or what
else should I do?

(longlines-mode)

Long Lines mode is a minor mode, local to each buffer.  So you'll
need to turn it on in every buffer where you want it, which can be
done 2 ways: via major mode hooks or via file visiting hooks.

Here's the first way:
(add-hook 'text-mode-hook 'longlines-mode)
(add-hook 'foo-mode-hook 'longlines-mode)

Here's the second way:
(add-hook 'find-file-hook 'longlines-mode)
(add-hook 'find-file-not-found-functions 'longlines-mode)

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA