Re: set-the-color-of-the-character-underneath-the-cursor "white"

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: set-the-color-of-the-character-underneath-the-cursor "white"
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 10:10:48 +0200

Am 10.06.2008 um 01:45 schrieb jidanni:

But then how can I do something like
(set-the-color-of-the-character-underneath-the-cursor "white")

In my Emacsen the cursor turns the character's colour from foreground colour or any face to white. My cursor colours are all not black, only GNU Emacs 20.7 (powerpc-apple-darwin8.2.0, *Step 8.0-rc5) does not follow this ...

Since this works im Emacsen 21.x, 22.x, and 23.x, I presume you have some setting in your init files that change the default behaviour. Could you launch GNU Emacs with -Q (and another time with -q) and see how the cursor works?

--
Greetings

  Pete

And always remember the last words of my grandfather, who said: “A truck!”
                                — Emo Phillips