disable split frame while viewing manual pages?

From: peter360
Subject: disable split frame while viewing manual pages?
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 10:57:43 -0700 (PDT)

Wonder if someone could help me resolve this minor annoyance.

I like to view unix online manual pages in emacs (using M-x man).  But one
annoying thing is that the buffer is split vertically (into top and botton
frames) and the man page shows in the bottom frame.  As far as I know xemacs
does not do this by default.  In xemacs the man page buffer simply replaces
the current buffer and occupies the entire frame.  How can I get gnu emacs
to do the same thing?

thanks.