Re: How to setup Emacs to load a file right after startup

From: Paul Csanyi
Subject: Re: How to setup Emacs to load a file right after startup
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 22:47:28 +0200

adamsonj@email.unc.edu (Joel J. Adamson) writes:

>> (find-file "path_to_file")
>>
>> works for me.
>
> Yeah, I saw the other replies, I just thought I should let you know there
> is more than one way to do it.  My question would be why do you want to
> do it that way?
>
> Joel

Thank you Joel!

I want to do it that way is that that I use Window Maker
windowmanager, and I have App Icon for the Emacs.

When I want to use Emacs I just click on his App Icon and Emacs
starts.

I use Org-mode all the time in Emacs, so to me it is good to have
opened one OrgFile.org in the Emacs when it is started.

Using .emacs file is for me the intuitive way when I am using Emacs.

However I can setup App Icon of Emacs with command:
'emacs OrgFile.org' too to get what I want, but that way is not so
close with Emacs and Lisp.

--
Regards, Paul Csanyi