Re: emacs 22.2 with gmail POP

From: Joel J. Adamson
Subject: Re: emacs 22.2 with gmail POP
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 08:04:54 -0400

Memnon Anon <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi!
> Using Debian Testing, I got the same error.
> Search google groups: Old Problem: Pop3/ssl/gmail solved
> Or look here:

Debian might be the problem: is there something in site-start.el that
might screw with your settings?

> Alexandru Cardaniuc schrieb:
>> I tried that and I still get the same error.
>> Mail source (pop :server :port 995 :user
>> address@hidden :stream ssl) error (stringp).  Continue? (yes or no)
>> I am running Emacs 22.2 with gnus 5.11
> Same error, nothing worked. So I now use fetchmail to get my mail.
> Have a look at the thread. In my last mail, I provided my working
> setup.

I don't need to use fetchmail!  I think there's another solution.  Trust
me, CVS Emacs is very usable, and it has many great features that are
well worth it.

Joel J. Adamson
(303) 880-3109
Public key: