Re: nXhtml and RoR

From: Charles philip Chan
Subject: Re: nXhtml and RoR
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 16:42:57 -0400

Cezar Halmagean <address@hidden> writes:

> Thank you. Are the fonts anti aliased too ? I mean the fonts in the
> buffers not the ones in the menu bar.

> And how do you make it work with anti-aliased fonts ?

Emacs 23 will automatically pick up the libraries for anti-alias font
during the "./configure" stage before compilation as long as you have
the libraries installed. You need the freetype2 library (truetype font
support), the xft library (anti-alias font), at the minimum. You will
need libotf for OpenType support, m17n-lib and m17n-db for good
multilingual font text shaping.

After the compilation, start emacs with the -fn argument. For example:

| emacs -fn "DejaVu Sans Mono-12"

This will use the DejaVu San Mono font for the buffer. You should always
pick a mono spaced font. The UI font can be defined in your ".gtkrc-2.0"
config file. For example:

| gtk-font-name="Sans Serif 10"

There may be precompiled binaries for Mac OS X. I don't know.

P.S. As an aside, since I have not really use Mac OS X before, I was
curious to find out how services are implemented. I came across this
article which you might be interested in: