Re: Is there any elisp functions to tell whether the cursor is in a comm

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Is there any elisp functions to tell whether the cursor is in a comment block?
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 01:20:15 +0200

Joe Bloggs wrote:
"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:

Joe Bloggs wrote:
I guess I would have to adapt Johan's code to get it to work in
emacs 21, but thanks anyway.
Just out of curiosity: Why don't you upgrade to Emacs 22?

I tried, but couldn't get it to work properly.
I wasted a whole day ****ing around with my .emacs, load-path etc.
I use quite a lot of packages and I'm not sure which ones are compatible or not. So for the moment I'm sticking with what works (i.e. emacs 21).
Actually maybe you could give me some tips on a smooth transition?

Unfortunately I am not the right person for that. I have hardly ever used Emacs 21. I started with CVS Emacs 22.

I have been thinking of putting up a page with information about which packages works with which version of Emacs. Of course I can not populate such a page myself. People who are actually using a package must tell about there success/problems. For such a page to be really useful I think it should be structured both with free text and structured text that makes it possible for package helpers like ELPA to use it.

My OS is Debian Etch.
Currently I get the following error when I start up emacs 22.2:

"File error: Cannot open load file, tramp-gw"

which means I can't use tramp.

Wouldn't mind trying out emacs 23 at some point either.

It could be a good idea trying CVS Emacs 23 instead of Emacs 22. Emacs 23 is not too far from a release and in most respect stable.