Re: Is there any elisp functions to tell whether the cursor is in a comm

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Is there any elisp functions to tell whether the cursor is in a comment block?
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 00:47:25 +0200

Drew Adams wrote:
I would also suggest adding this information to all elisp files on EmacsWiki. Perhaps this can be done automatically
I would advise against trying to guess compatibility like that. Let library authors determine and specify the compatibilities explicitly. Else assume nothing.
I have asked for that before, but nothing happened. That means that the burden is now on the users.
Maybe something like this can be used then:

1) Announce that an automatic change as above will be made unless package authors (or someone else) adds the Compatible label.
2) Do the automatic change after some weeks.

This is a discussion for Emacs Wiki, not here.

Personally, I disagree with any automatic messing with source code contributed
to the wiki. Please leave the source code as its contributors wrote it.

Well, the automatic procedure could instead produce a wiki page with the compatibility information. Would that be good?