Re: basic question: going back to dired

From: Phil Carmody
Subject: Re: basic question: going back to dired
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 17:49:24 +0300

"Juanma Barranquero" <lekktu@gmail.com> writes:
> On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 13:50, Phil Carmody
> <thefatphil_demunged@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I, as a user of the software application called "emacs"
>> must be familiar with that functions are bound to what
>> keys in order to use that software application.
>
> Which is *absolutely* unrelated to whether that relationship between
> keystroke and function can be found in the manual and documentation
> under "keybinding" or "shortcut" or "key assignment" or any other
> name. Which is what was being discussed.

Well, if I didn't know what the keys did, I certainly would
look under 'k' for 'key' in the manual, and been prepared to
follow any lead that looked anything like 'key bindings' or
'kep mappings'. So the fact that I view them as key bindings
is entirely related to where I'd hope to find documentation
of them in the manual.

>> An absolute assertion is false as soon as one counter-example
>> is found. An absolute assertion was made. I provided a counter-
>> example.
>
> Oh, I don't think so. Go figure.

I figure that you should have stopped that first sentence after
only 4 words.

Phil
--
Dear aunt, let's set so double the killer delete select all.
-- Microsoft voice recognition live demonstration